Sunday, May 31, 2009

Are YOU Picky???

Habakkuk 1:5 (NIV)
Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.

GOOD MORNING!!!

Are you picky? Do you like to pick and choose your food and how you like it? Are you picky when it comes to what you are going to wear for a certain day? Are you picky?

My brother, Jacob, seems to be the pickiest four year-old EVER!!! You cannot simply make him a peanut-butter sandwich…you have to make him two peanut-butter folded! (Where you take one piece of bread and spread peanut-butter and then fold it…and do it again.) THEN…he asks for the crust to be taken off. If you try to give him the end piece (crust piece), then he won’t eat it! Most likely, he will throw it on the floor!!! AND…who makes it…he asks for who he wants, so you can’t get out of making it for him!!! When he eats, he likes to watch TV, but not just any show…his show! If you don’t do it, he will throw a tantrum!!! Does he sound like a person you want to be around?!?!

We do the same thing! We pick and choose who we want to be around. We pick and choose what we want to do in life. Sometimes, I wonder if we don’t pick our call and what we want God to do about anything and everything that we are going through! BUT…do you realize that by being picky, you give up the one thing that you committed to do when you said that you would follow Jesus?! You have forgotten how to follow. You may know all about the Jesus part, but you have to remember that Jesus is in the lead. You go where Jesus goes and you do what Jesus did. You let Him take control of your life. (Remember how it was when you were in control?)

Being a graduated high school student, I have been asked many times—“So what are YOUR plans for your life? Where are you going to college?” This Scripture reminded Habakkuk that God is God. That God is in control and that God is only up for the best. This Scripture reminds me that I shouldn’t be picky! If I always told God exactly what I want and when I want it, I may never see the great things He gives me. I may never see the opportunities to share the Gospel with a neighbor while I take out the garbage. I may never see how important it was for me to go through that time of pain, so that I could help someone else along in their life’s pains!

Quit being picky. Let God lead the way…He knows it best. And watch and be utterly amazed at what He can do in your life!

___________________________

© Copyright 2009, Samantha Fomera

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment