Friday, May 29, 2009

Hole heart? Or Whole heart?

Romans 1:9-10a (NIV)
God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you in my prayers at all times…

Jacob, my little brother who is four, has just started getting himself dressed. Yesterday, he put on a shirt and said, “The girls are gonna check out this shirt on me!” I have no idea where he got that phrase, but it made me smile! BUT…When I heard him putting on his socks, I heard a profound phrase – “Sammie, this one has a hole in it! I need a whole sock!”

Do you have a hole in your heart? When was the last time you spent time with God? Is your heart whole? Where do you put all of your heart? Is it in your work, your children or grandchildren, or maybe your fun? Where do you put all of your time? Effort? Money? Where do you put your whole heart?

Webster’s Dictionary defines ‘whole’ in this way: in sound health; not diseased or injured; not broken or damaged; containing all of the elements, or parts; entire; complete; not divided up; in a single unit; in all aspects of one’s being including the physical, mental, social, etc. Webster has 19 lines to define this one word! What part of this definition, does your own heart need? Pray and ask God to create in you a whole heart…and to fill any holes there maybe.

Do you serve God with a hole in your heart? Because He needs you to serve Him with a WHOLE heart! A heart with a hole won’t fit right, just as a sock with a hole doesn’t work well. God needs YOU to be spreading the gospel of Jesus! Paul served the Lord with his whole heart…and he served by preaching the Gospel and relying completely on God for everything! And YOU can do that too! You can serve God with a whole heart! I encourage you to look into your life, and see where you can serve God, with a whole heart, TODAY!

---------------------------------------

© Copyright 2009, Samantha Fomera

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment