Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Four Friends Challenge


The Mission is simple:
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20 NIV)

At the beginning of the semester, I was challenged to bring four friends and get them connected to the Green Room Ministry on Missouri State's campus. Last night’s worship completed the challenge. I have connected four people to the ministry...but what I've gotten from the experience and what they have received has been so much more than a number, or a completion of a goal!

I brought them one by one. They were never random strangers. They were people I go to class with, or friends from down the hall! I learned who they are, and what they love, and what they care about the most...and somehow God moved in me to invite them to get involved in Green Room. Three are in Life Groups, one in a Bible study; one is even in the band! I feel like all have found a place where they can make friends with others, as well as with God! It's something that each can look forward to in the week...with friends to have fun with in-between! Friendships have been made, and forever will be! Long talks on Facebook, and over pizza, have led me to believe, that this has never been about me. It's all for Him. God alone is moving in these people's lives! There were others who were asked, but these four were the ones who came!

This Easter season has brought a reminder of God's love for me and the fire it sets within my soul. I want to bring each and every person I know to know this great, incomprehensible love! It's a love that no one can ever understand, but it's available to every person. I don't know about you, but I've only had one person ever die for me and all my screw ups!!! (PS…His name is Jesus Christ!!!) I am not the perfect person, and I don't know everything, but what I know can change the world one person at a time - starting with me. God loves me...this I know...but I know something else too! God loves each and every person on this earth! He created everyone! :-) As Shelby put it: “We are awesome…but everyone else is awesome too!”

It's remarkable to think that Jesus had three close friends…but I have four because I took a challenge, let God work through me, and help me realize, that while I am awesome, so are these four people! :D

I don’t plan on stopping here…because everyone on this campus (and in this world) needs to feel the love of God. So, take the challenge and connect four people to a ministry that you love…and be amazed at what God can do! But…don’t stop at four! Keep going! Because the whole world needs to know…

Originally written on Monday, March 29, 2010. 12:01am.

No comments:

Post a Comment