Thursday, June 25, 2009

Go CONDITIONER!!!!

Matthew 5:16 (NIV)
“In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”

Hello!

Contrary to what my profile picture shows, I have very curly hair. Short, curly hair! I try hard to take care of it. I am careful not to drown it in too many chemicals and gels. I shampoo it with a special shampoo for curly hair. And, I even take the time to use conditioner!

So, I did a little research on why I should use conditioner. I think I should know why I use it! Here are some of the reasons I found:
 Keeps hair healthy.
 Makes hair smooth.
 Keeps hair moisturized.
 Allows hair to shine.

Needless to say, I never forget to use conditioner! But, I wonder how many of us forget to use our conditioners in our spiritual lives. The conditioners that make our lives healthy and running smoothly (even on the bumpiest parts of the road). The conditioners that keep our hearts soft and allows our lives to shine!

Just as we want our hair to shine, we also want our lives to shine. And we should allow them to shine in praise of our Glorious Creator God! We should remember the light that is within us when we have Jesus in our lives and we should rekindle the flame everyday! Create it into the torch that it should be! We can do this by praying, reading the Word of God, worshiping, spending time with other Christians, fasting, giving, and being in mission!!!

No matter what you choose to do to renew and condition your life, you will be blessed! Others will see the light that you give to the world, and they will give thanks to God! And those who don’t know about our Savior Jesus Christ will ask…and you can give the reason for the hope you have. (1 Peter 3:15)

So break out the Bible and your smile…and let the light flow forth! Just as you would never miss a step in the shower – don’t forget to use the conditioners in your life to SHINE for God!

________________________________

© Copyright 2009, Samantha Fomera

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment