Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Running on Empty?

Isaiah 40: 29-31 (NIV)
“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

Happy Tuesday!

Yesterday, I pulled out of my driveway and realized that I needed fuel. Just as I pulled out, weird things started happening. My car was NOT acting right. The steering wheel locked up and different lights started flashing on my dashboard. For a moment, it scared me. I had to drive all the way into Bowling Green for Morgan’s stage rehearsals, and we did not have time for my car to act up! Luckily, I made it all the way into town without too many problems. I was relieved when I pulled up to the gas pump! I excitedly filled my tank with as much fuel as it could hold! And after it had plenty of fuel to run on, my car didn’t act up at all!

Sometimes, I wonder if we don’t do the same as Christians. Do you try running on low fuel? Are you low on the fuel that keeps you running throughout the week, or even just today? God can fill us up with fuel to keep us going! Fuel that will keep you going on to perfection each and every moment. NO CHARGE!!!

Just as my car wasn’t acting right with the proper amount of fuel, we don’t act right without our fuel either. Without being fueled by God, we sin – more than usual! We don’t have our conscience kicking in when we are doing something wrong. We don’t have the hope to know that we will make it through the next phase in our lives. We feel alone, like we are stranded somewhere without our cell phone! Sometimes, we get scared!

Though I was short on time, I decided to stop and get fuel. We need to do the same thing with our relationship with God. We need to fuel it! We need to take a break in our busy week and honor the Sabbath. Go to church and be in fellowship with other Christians. We need to spend time everyday in prayer and in the Word of God.

And when you have plenty of fuel, get out and share the Gospel. Share the good news, because that too will top off your tank! Be excited to fill your tank with the fuel of God. Don’t run on empty today, but be filled with the strength and love of God!!

________________________________

© Copyright 2009, Samantha Fomera

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment