Thursday, June 4, 2009

WHY DID TURTLE CROSS THE ROAD?

WHY DID THE TURTLE CROSS THE ROAD?

Romans 1: 16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

I live out in the country. This time of year, I see a lot of turtles crossing the road. Actually, I don’t really see them moving. They always seem to hide in their shell. I did see one turtle a long time ago that was actually moving around!!! AND…even when I passed him driving, he didn’t hide! I was very excited, though that was only one turtle out of how many that I passed??? I was curious on why turtles are always in their shell when I pass them on the highway. And it is because they are scared or sleeping!!!

Are you a turtle? Are you one who likes to hide in your shell? You may be saying, “Well, Samantha, I am not a turtle, so therefore I don’t have a shell!” But, then I would reply, “Yes, you do.” What is your shell? Where do you make yourself comfortable? Is it in the pew at church? (because I find those things very uncomfortable!) Is it inside your home? Is it behind your desk at work? Is it in your bed?

Won’t you take a risk and get out of your shell? Don’t be ashamed of who God made you to be! God wants you to help Him share the gospel! But to do that, you’ll need to get out of your shell. It might be a little uncomfortable at first, but I guarantee that you will be able to make a difference in this world. And most importantly, don’t be ashamed of the gospel! There is no reason to be. It truly is the power of God that can save the people of this world!

The one turtle that I saw not hiding in its shell took a risk! Are you willing to take a risk and share the gospel today? Don’t worry…God will be there every moment!

Why did the turtle cross the road? We may never know…but he was willing to take the risk!

________________________________
© Copyright 2009, Samantha Fomera

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment